Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Engaging Students in Writing in Response to Reading

As I mentioned in my previous post, last week I had the honor to learn from one of educations best, Dr. Tim Westerberg @ timwesterberg.com  Throughout the day I feverishly jotted down ideas that I knew I needed to address on the Iowa Core Blog.......enters "Engaging Students in Writing in Response to Reading" and the fantastic resources that have been put out by the Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC).

"LDC is a national community of educators providing a teacher-designed and research-proven framework, online tools, and resources for creating literacy-rich experiences that enable all educators to model, lead, and succeed in implementing the high expectations embodied in the Common Core Standards as they accelerate their own professional growth and increase student outcomes"

Looking for a tool to help craft tasks that engage students in writing in response to reading complex text aligned to the Common Core?  Check this out!
http://ldc.org/sites/default/files/LDC-Template-Task-Collection-2.0.A.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment